Some types of rules relate to the following kinds of items:
- no internal changes to unit or changes to common areas without written consent of management.
- carpeting on various types of floors to reduce sound transmission, or
restrictions against hardwood floors
- no barbequing on balconies and no enclosing of balconies
- no satellite dishes or antennae
- no parking of commercial or recreational vehicles
- use of elevators for moving sometimes have restrictive hours, require reservations and/or security deposits. IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A CONDOMINIUM WHERE AN ELEVATOR or a LOADING AREA must be used for your move, contact the management office as soon as possible to book your moving date
- no office business or commercial uses within condominium units
- pet restrictions
- types and colour of window coverings, (usually white or off-white) as can be seen from exterior of building
- plantings and other uses of exterior patios
- unit owner’s liability for damaged exterior doors, including garage doors and/or added items such as central air, fireplaces, etc.(particularly in townhouses)
- noise generated by musical instruments
- Short term rental restrictions and other tenancy requirements
If you do not comply with a specific rule affecting your condominium, the Corporation has the right to get a court order directing compliance and ordering payment of legal costs by the unit owner. If you intend to rent your unit after completing a purchase, insert a clause in the tenancy agreement that the tenant will comply with all rules and by-laws of the Condominium Corporation.